Our Commitment to Protecting Personal Information
We, at Mosaic Financial Group, realise that your personal information is important to you.
In addition to complying with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act, we are committed to protecting any confidential information that you provide us.
The following is a summary of how we will manage your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
Personal information covers any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably determined. As a provider of financial services, we need to obtain personal information about you including (but not limited to) the following:
- Your name, contact details (i.e. your address), your date of birth;
- Your current occupation/employment details and/or history
- Financial details including information about your financial situations, goals, objectives and your financial needs. This may include (but is not limited to) your current financial situations in terms of your assets and liabilities, income, expenditure, insurance cover, superannuation and any other investment.
- Details of your risk and investment preferences including your capacity to absorb the risk
- Any other information that we consider necessary to ensure our advice meets your objectives. This may include (but is not limited to) family circumstances and social security eligibility, estate planning requirements and health.
If it is reasonable and practicable we will only obtain information directly from you. However, we may need to contact third parties to confirm certain details.
If you choose not to allow certain personal information to be obtained, we may not be able to assist you in reaching your goals with the financial services requested.
Purposes of Personal Information
Your personal information is collected in enabling the financial adviser to provide you with the financial advice that best suits:
- Your personal situation
- What you are trying to achieve
- Your core values as a person
The information in a cookie is used to verify/identify whether you’re registered on our website, without requiring you to re-enter details every time you log-on.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information obtained by us will only be used in accordance to the financial advice you have requested. In some circumstances, it is possible that we may have to disclose your personal information to certain third parties. These parties could include:
- Other financial institutions, to ensure we deliver the financial advice you requested.
- Other institutions that provide assistance in operating a financial planning business. These may include (but are not limited to) computer or business services, representatives or service providers such as solicitors, agents, stockbrokers and any other organization that you have consented to your personal information being disclosed to.
- In relation to direct marketing (e-newsletters, events invitations etc), where practical, we will obtain your permission first before we use your personal information for this purpose. You may advise us at any time that you don’t wish to receive direct marketing material – if you do, we will immediately stop sending you such material.
Access to and Changing Personal Information
You may want access to your personal information. To obtain a detailed explanation about how we manage your personal information, please email us at email@example.com, or you can write to us.
If you wish to amend your personal information or have it deleted, please notify us as above.
Safety of Your Personal Information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Once your personal information is no longer required, we will destroy or permanently de-identify it.
Dissatisfaction with Managing your Personal Information
If you are not satisfied with how we manage your personal information or wish to raise a privacy issue, you have the capacity to complain.
To lodge a complaint you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or advise us in writing. We will investigate and advise you of the outcome of your complaint as soon as possible.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may refer the matter to the Federal Privacy Commissioner at:
Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner
Level 8, Piccadilly Tower
133 Castlereagh Street
Sydney NSW 2000