At Mosaic, we help many people do the following:
• Solve financial problems • Remove stress over finances • Save enough money for retirement • Protect you and your family • Enhance your financial independence
Young singles often enjoy a disposable income with relatively few financial responsibilities compared to couples. This is usually the best opportunity in life to set aside money for the future. Nonetheless, as a single you need to ensure you don’t live beyond your means and start thinking about providing for the future.
We have helped many young single people make good financial decisions that will set them up for the rest of their lives. The small things that may seem insignificant now can have an enormous financial impact in the future. We help you make informed and sound decisions.
We recognise that young families juggle many issues such as career, raising children, assisting aging parents and finances. Often the greater stress that young families face is that of finances with pressure points including:
- Wanting to upgrade their home yet concerned about the impact of a larger mortgage on their finances.
- Wanting to provide a great education for their children, yet worried about the ever rising cost of schooling and other activities.
- Realising that at some point they would like to retire and yet concerned that despite all their best efforts they may be unable to save sufficient money for the future.
- Being concerned about their ageing parents, and whether their parents can afford high quality care when it is needed
We see our role as providing you with the knowledge and guidance to:
- Ensure you have mechanisms in place to control your cash flow, rather than reacting to cash flow pressure
- Ensure that any debts you have are structured in such a way to enable you to repay them as quickly as possible, incurring the least amount of interest
- Protect you and your family via appropriately structured insurance
- Establish structures to help you invest and reduce your tax bill
- Choose investments wisely that will help you achieve the outcomes that you need
- Help you provide for your children’s education
As the kids get older, it’s time to plan for funding potentially 30 years of retirement. Many ask, “Have I left it a little too late?” Other concerns include helping elderly parents financially, ability to get the aged pension and a longer life expectancy.
We talk through your lifestyle retirement needs to give you the structure, guidance and discipline to your particular needs.
Some pre-retirees face ‘meltdown’ issues. Females can often be better prepared for retirement because they focus on strong relationships and are less defined by their career. On the other hand, men can be more career orientated and find it hard to define themselves and their sense of worth in retirement.
Pre-retirement for men is more than financial; it’s about exploring the brand new world they are creating separate from what they have known for the last 40 years, whether it is part time work, voluntary work, or the opportunity to explore hobbies and interests which have been on the backburner. It’s the time to re-evaluate.
We help pre-retirees make decisions on the way they will pay taxes in the future, access the aged pension and in estate planning.
Retirees are entering a new and exciting phase, where the kids have grown up and work pressures are removed. Retirees can take a direction that is uniquely theirs. We find that when people retire, the following become an issue:
- Have I got enough money to sustain me for the rest of my life?
- Am in good quality investments?
- Have I maximised my entitlements to the aged pension and associated benefits?
- Health and an ability to maintain independence – what does aged care mean and what are my needs?
We work with retirees to ensure you have the greatest opportunities to meet living expenses, enjoy retirement and achieve personal goals.
We recognise business owners face the challenge of running and handing over the business, in addition to providing for their family’s future.
Issues faced include:
- How do I grow the business?
- Who will take over when I’ve had enough – the exit strategy?
- How do I protect my business from bankruptcy?
- I’m just so busy I haven’t got time to think about the future yet my family needs to be looked after
Our role is to help you put structures in place so you can rest easily. We work with you to ensure you have the right:
- Insurances to protect your family business and debt
- Wealth creation strategy structured with the investments you want
- Structures to take advantage of the tax minimisation strategies available to you
These days many executives are under immense pressure to perform and deliver in what are difficult times. The expectation is that you are 100% committed, yet executive roles can often be regarded as an expendable resource. This creates two different pressures:
- If you don’t deliver, the board replaces you; or
- If you do deliver, there is the potential to be concerned about how long you can maintain the level of work stress or commitment to the company often at a huge personal cost to the family
With a focus on earnings and maintaining a lifestyle, such as private schools, holidays and the mortgage on the house and/or investment property, we help clients to accumulate the assets they need to fund their lifestyle while winding back their work commitments, if they choose.
Our executive clients don’t have time to concentrate on wealth accumulation and structuring assets for maximum results, so we become their own personal CFO. We work to understand your long term goals, deliver the structures and strategies you need to deliver on these goals and make these strategies work for you seamlessly. We deal with the lawyers and accountants so you can spend time on things you want to do such as work or family. We help give you back time.
Divorce means trauma, upheaval and lives going through a whole reconstruction process. This can involve lengthy court battles over finances, access to children and the like.
Women often have the additional responsibility of day to day care for children, especially in the early stages. Our role is to help women stabilise financially during the divorce process, give them access to the experts they need and help determine which assets to fight for by understanding the financial implications.
We help women:
- Understand the financial implications of potential decisions
- Understand the true state of their financial affairs. We assist you to get the documents you need and understand the realistic costs of living as a single parent
- Understand the tax implications of shared assets and how structuring these efficiently can save money
- Ensure there are appropriate insurances and other necessary products in place.